Followers

Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday 28 June 2012

3 JUNE 2012 DAY 9: MAE HONG SON - CHIANG RAI (410kms)


In the morning of Day 9, we did some oiling for the chains and then headed for Pai – Mae Malai – Fang – Mae Suai – Chiang Rai. It was a long ride. Half of the day was rain and another half, the sun shines. When it rained, mist limited my vision and I felt cold as we were ascending higher and higher. God knows how glad I am when finally I saw the glimpse of sun rays in between the tree leaves. The road condition was not as good as yesterday’s ride, and not as bad as the previous ride to Mae Sariang. However, the curve was scarier than ever. I kept reminding myself to relax, take slow but deep breath and blow it out slowly. This method helped me to release my tense. I saw some villagers taking their dogs on their pickup truck. I have never seen this in Malaysia (except dogs inside the car). 













The view from Fang to Mae Suai is very beautiful. Green and brown coloured valleys with corn field dominated the way. However, I didn't take any pic as I am rushing to get to Chiang Rai. I was very tired but the ride must be done. We arrived Chiang Rai, the popular tourist town around 8.30pm, covering approximately 410kms in about 11 hours. Its very slow, I know….but being unskillful, I’m doing the best that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NASTIA

Band: NASTIA, Title: ANGGUR (taken from EP 'EKSPRESI')
HAK CIPTA ANITA YUSOF