Followers

Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday 3 March 2013

"I LOVE THAILAND & LAOS" RIDE - DAY 10

15TH FEB 2013: SURAT THANI – THUNG SONG – HAT YAI – DANNOK – BUKIT KAYU HITAM – JURU – IPOH (680KMS) 

I started early today, at 6.45am. I hv plotted my route in the GPS, so I didnt face any problem to exit Surat town and find my way to route 44 which was a nice highway and very deserted. I turned left at the intersection to route 41 and rode straight down to Thung Song. It rained this morning for the first time since I started my ride. The road condition was quite bad before and after Thung Song. I was craving for sticky rice with red fried chicken but I told myself to hang on until Hat Yai. Unfortunately I couldnt find any until I reached the border. Since I’m hungry, I had a yummy somtam at a Muslim stall before crossing the border. 

Buying honey pineapple at Patthalung





Border crossing was smooth. I called sis Azliena and arrange to meet her at Juru. She waited for me at the R n R and took me to Coffee Bean. This is the first time I met this legend lady. She was the first Malaysian lady biker to ride her motorbike in China, up until Kunming. At first, I thought that I will only spend about 1 hour with her, but we ended up chatting for more than 2 hours. It was already 7pm by the time I continued my ride. I stopped at Bukit Gantang for prayer and arrived home safely around 9.15pm. Alhamdulillah... 



Again, I have had the best moment riding Thailand and Laos alone. The precious experience that I gained during this ride were beyond words. I know that I am going to miss Laos very much. I hope that I can ride there again soon and explore her beauty and what she has to offer. 

Thank you Allah the Almighty for giving me the chance to see Your beautiful creations, for protecting me from any danger thru out my ride, for giving me a small test and helping me to find a way to solve it, and for making me a much stronger person and wiser (from the test) in dealing with the problems.

2 comments:

  1. Great Ride. Great Story. Great Pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TQ Nik Huzlan...keep on following...am workin on my latest ride story :)

    ReplyDelete

NASTIA

Band: NASTIA, Title: ANGGUR (taken from EP 'EKSPRESI')
HAK CIPTA ANITA YUSOF