Followers

Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday 24 October 2013

DAY 28, TASHKENT (REST DAY)


18th June 2013

I followed Madam Haryati to the Malaysian Embassy as I had an interview with Uzbek TV Station this morning. It was very funny because this was the first time in my life that an interpreter’s (Mr Farhod) service was needed during an interview. It was even funnier because every time Mr Farhod translated my answer, his translation took double the time than the time I took to answer each question. The interview took about 1 hour. Once done, I enjoyed the ripe plums at the embassy’s courtyard.


Later in the afternoon, Madam Hamidah the consulate, took me for some shopping at Chorsu Bazaar, the most famous bazaar in Tashkent. I bought some magnets, display plates, dried fruits, nuts, chocs and T-shirts to bring back home.
Chorsu Bazaar
Chocolate section
Herbs and spices
 That night, Madam Hamidah hosted me, some other Malaysian guests and the embassy staff at her house for dinner. She was a great cook and the dinner was really superb. Thank you very much Madam.
With Madam Hamidah, Consulate of Msian Embassy in Tashkent




p/s: A more detailed story about my journey will be told in my upcoming book. More beautiful pics of course. STAY TUNED.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

NASTIA

Band: NASTIA, Title: ANGGUR (taken from EP 'EKSPRESI')
HAK CIPTA ANITA YUSOF