Followers

Search This Blog

Translate

Monday 21 October 2013

DAY 22, DUSHANBE – TURSANZADE – DENAU – TERMIZ (260KM)

12th June 2013
I started early today and rode DREAM carefully, hoping not to hear any funny noises anymore. Thank god there was none. The distance from Dushanbe to the border was about 70km only, but it took me 2 hours to reach as there were road constructions all the way. As a matter of fact, there were lots of road constructions from Khorog to Dushanbe during my ride, being some already done (according to the 1MWER team member who rode the same route as me last September). Meaning to say that, in future, off road option in Tajikistan will be minimised, so if u are an off road lover, go and ride there ASAP while you still have the chance.
Tajik - Uzbek border....the sign board says "TURSANZODA"

I didn’t face much problem to exit Tajikistan, but I had to spend about 2 hours to clear everything upon entering Uzbekistan. The border guards and customs officers were very strict. I really hate this process as it wasted my valuable time.
Once done, I sped as fast as I could on the ‘okay’ paved road, heading south to Termiz. How good it was to be able to ride on paved road again after soooo long. The heat in Uzbekistan was not as wild as in Tajikistan, but still more than 40 degrees Celsius. I passed lots of sunflower fields before reaching Termiz. It was beautiful.

I hv lost lots of weight
 

Upon reaching Termiz, as I was busy looking at sign boards, I didn’t notice that there was a lifted rail road about 6 inches in height in front of me. I rode on it at about 60kmh without braking the wheels, which resulted in another fall. I was shocked as this fall was an unexpected one. The locals came running to help. I suffered some bruises due to the fall.
It says "TERMIZ"
Then the locals guided me to go to the cheap place where I want to stay, however, the place had no water supply. Finally, after another 5 hours ride from the border, I settled at another place, a really nice hotel, which wasn’t expensive at all.
 

Each note is 1000 Uzbek Som....I hv almost 400 000 Som in my hand
 

p/s: A more detailed story about my journey will be told in my upcoming book. More beautiful pics of course. STAY TUNED.....
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

NASTIA

Band: NASTIA, Title: ANGGUR (taken from EP 'EKSPRESI')
HAK CIPTA ANITA YUSOF