Followers

Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday 2 June 2019

AFRICAN RIDE: PART 5 - EMIRATES TRAVELERS FESTIVAL 2018


19th – 22nd Dec 2019: Emirates Travelers Festival, Dubai

This festival is my 5th international event for 2018 after Overland Expo in the USA (May), Horizons Unlimited in Indonesia (Sept), Givi 40th anniversary celebration and EICMA Autoshow in Italy (Nov) and ZafigoX in Malaysia (Nov). I met many world travelers from all around the globe, including Juvena, the Wandering Wasp whom I host way back in 2015 when she first started her Singapore – Europe ride. The uniqueness of this event was the mode of transportation used by the travelers. Juvena and I represented adventure riders. Other speakers traveled the world by bicycle, 4WDs, caravans, walking, hitchhiking, backpacking but the most unique to me were Alvarro from Spain who traveled on his jet ski, Ahmad Al Qashemi from Yemen who went around the world by riding his camel and Alessandro from Italy who is a blind backpacker.


During this event, we were taken for culinary and cultural experience around Dubai. The local cuisine was very very tasty. I just cant get enough of the lamb biryani. 


I also managed to meet my ex-student, Syafinaz who took me and Juve for a half day Dubai tour near Dubai’s famous landmark, Burj Khalifa. There were lots of tourists here. She also treated us lunch at a nice restaurant. Thank you Enaz for the treat.






At the festival venue, each speaker had their own corner where the visitors can come and talked to them about their journey. I was met with not only local and international visitors but some Malaysians who resided in Dubai as well. 



I also need to entertain lots of local and international interviews. One of them was Las Vegas International Media. I was sooo tired but happy to introduce my country and to speak about Givi products as well.






I was given an hour for my presentation which went very well. There were lots of emotion and ended with me in tears of happiness. Why? Let it be a secret for the time being. If the organizer honour their promises, its going to be my biggest wish fulfilled. After that, I was surrounded by some of the audience, especially the local women, telling how much they were inspired by my story.


On my last day in Dubai, I managed to meet my brother Wissam Al Jayousi. He was a RTW advrider and I met him twice when he was in Msia. Wissam and his beautiful wife, Gorana, treated me and Juve at a fancy Lebanese restaurant and later brought us back to his big beautiful home. Thank you both of you for the hospitality.





I also wished to thank the Emirates Travelers Festival committee for having me here, especially Mr. Awad, Madam Najwa and Mr. Hasan.




1 comment:

  1. SELAMAT HARI RAYA!! best entry ini.. done follow u, follow me back.. tq
    http://acuyuhan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

NASTIA

Band: NASTIA, Title: ANGGUR (taken from EP 'EKSPRESI')
HAK CIPTA ANITA YUSOF